Thursday, March 22, 2018

Engineering Evaluation Of Roof Slab For Earth-Sheltered Home In SouthEastern MI -- ANAND Enterprises Project FanM2J1801

.
The roof slab was poured in January 2018: conc 4000 psi, rebar A615 Gr 60.  The engineer contracted to provide consulting services has not been available, so I was asked to review the construction and provide a report for the Building Official.

Since this was an after the fact situation for me, I reviewed the documents, interviewed the owner, and the concrete work contractor, and conducted a field visit to look at the roof slab as-built.

Based on my field inspection, the information provided to me, my engineering judgment, and my practical experience, I believe that the reinforced concrete roof slab as-built is structurally acceptable and will carry all the intended dead and live loads safely and securely.

I present here some pictures that I had taken during my field visit of Mar-21-2018.







No comments:

Post a Comment