Friday, April 14, 2017

Fix For Jacking Up A Wood Girder Offset From The Post -- Leveling The Floor In An Older Building In SouthEastern Michigan -- ANAND Enterprises Project TotH1J1701


I was at the project site on Apr-13-2017 to look at the installation of post to jack up a girder. My observations and comments are as follows:
The end of the girder to be jacked up is not directly above the post being used to jack up the girder. So I have designed a corbel so that when the post is cranked up gingerly the end of the girder that is offset from the center of the post gets jacked up. This is specialty work and will be done by personnel experienced in this type of work. Depending on the amount by which the girder needs to be raised, the desired result may need to be achieved by cranking up the post more than once.
Based on my field inspection, the information provided to me, my engineering judgment, and my practical experience, I believe that with the recommended fix executed in a workman like manner in a workman like manner, the desired effect can be achieved safely and securely.







No comments:

Post a Comment