Monday, March 2, 2009

Evaluating An As-Built Foundation For A House

Here I present an image of the MindMap that I have developed for my services as an expert witness as the dispute between the home-owner and the contractor has landed in the court.

So, click on the image to look at the actual (interactive) MindMap.



I find that MindMapping helps me do brain-storming, penning down all the thoughts and concepts that come to mind and then organize, prioritize, levelize, and sequence the topics.

Then I can add notes, links, attachments, images, and so on to the related topics. I can expand the discussion on a particular topic by adding subtopics, and then expand or collapse the subtopic discussion depending on where my focus is at a given point in time.

MindMap helps me in keeping the overall perspective even while looking at a detail contained in a subtopic, an attachment, an image, or a hyperlinked site.

How did my expert witness testimony on this project go this morning? -- it went well, and of course it invogorates you when some real sharp attorneys are grilling you to spill all the beans -- did I say that ... Ah Well!

My website
www.energyefficientbuild.com has more on this topic.

1 comment:

  1. I got a call this afternoon from the Business Manager of the contractor, that the contractor had prevailed and the contractor will get paid all the amount due plus the attorney fee.

    The contractor's attorney had done a great job by making all the valid points in a professional manner and the result as jury's verdict shows it.

    ReplyDelete